Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 August 2013

Time

Time does not wait for us. It passes at its own pace whether we want it to or not. I chose this subject because today is the one-year anniversary of the killing of my warthog (refer to "A Morning in the Bush"). So much has happened in this last year...moving across an ocean is always a speed-bump, even if it is just coming home. Graduating high school, a milestone. My days of regular school are over. I am soon transitioning into the world of college. In just 22 days, I will be moving into my dorm room at Evangel University. So much has yet to happen in that time. I still have loans to secure, a job to finish (and one to secure), yet more paperwork to fill out, and lets not forget furnishings for my dorm room. Trying as this period may be, all these things will happen in good time.


This being the one year anniversary of my hunt, it occurred now might be a good time to reveal the finished product of the warthog. It turned out amazing. My unofficial measurement shows that it qualifies for the Roland Ward Record Book. I could not be happier with my hog, and he tasted great too! For now, the mount will remain in Africa until such a time as we acquire the proper permits and ship my trophies home.

So, the Iowa Games. My first real archery tournament. I'll cut right to the chase, I'm proud to announce I placed 4th. Of course, the fact that there were exactly 4 archers in my division is entirely inconsequential. Am I disappointed? Absolutely not. My goals were to have fun, not miss, and get some much-needed experience. All three goals were accomplished, the weekend was a success, despite the hiccups experienced with my bow. The strings shipped to me by the manufacturer turned out to be of the wrong lengths. Unable to continue shooting my current strings, we instead opted to strip down my bow, and place all my equipment on my dad's bow, which happens to be the same make and model. After a night of sighting in and selecting arrows, I was finally set to go on just 3 days of practice. Despite this, on the 10 point target, my lowest scoring arrow for the weekend was a 2. My final score was 958/1200 (day 1: 471/600, day 2: 487/600), yielding 80% average accuracy. Not too bad for my first time out. There's always next time to do better, and I enjoyed the experience. Now I know for a fact, this is something I will always pursue in my future, professionally. My next goal is to get the proper string set for my bow so I can get tuned up and ready for my first Missouri deer season starting on September 15th. Sorting out the details may be tricky, but I promise you, I WILL find a way.

Looking ahead, in the very near future, I will be doing either a post or a series of posts on a book we have had recommended to us, and recently acquired. It is called The Harbinger. I will explain more soon, as I am still less than half way through it, but it is a warning/prophecy written in story-format of the 9 Harbingers that warn of God's coming judgment of America if repentance does not come. All 9 surfaced before the fall of Israel around 732 BC, and all 9 have already manifested in America within the last 15 years. Here's your hint: 9/11. The key: Isaiah 9:10. I won't say anymore, except that this book is riveting so far, and that the prophecies have been dead on. I hope I have aroused your curiosity.

So, until next time, may your arrows fly straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment