Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 August 2013

Apocalypse

One chapter closes, and another begins. Life is really a series of new beginnings, and as a follower of Christ, I say that when you think about it, there really isn't any end, only beginnings. Even the word "apocalypse" translated from its Greek root means "a new beginning" (see what I did there with the title?) or "the lifting of the veil". As of 6 days ago, I moved into Scott Hall at Evangel University. After 5 days of the EU Launch program, classes commenced yesterday. So far, I am thoroughly enjoying college life, despite my diminishing funds. Somebody PLEASE explain why textbooks and calculators cost hundreds of dollars?! Now, the computer I can understand, but everything else? Oh well, suffice to say, I am fully settled in and equipped for the time being. Oh wait, not quite yet, still need to change my bowstrings and find a convenient place to shoot. But other than that,  good food, a moderate schedule, and easy gym access...life is good.

I must say how refreshing it is to be in a school environment that puts God before all other things. Most classes open with prayer, and there are multiple chapel services and ministry opportunities offered every week. In the words of the school, "Boldly Christian, Unquestionably Academic". Its so good to be working in the company of people who share my faith, all for a relatively common goal. This is how schools should function. Funny how bad things started happening in schools (think school shootings) once prayer and faith was taken out of them. I love being in a place where my faith can grow, rather than being in a place where I am forced either to defend it or conform on a daily basis.

Hunting season is rapidly approaching, bow season beginning on September 15. As I said, I have not yet found a place to shoot, or change my bowstrings...a technicality that will soon be remedied. But I am making progress, I've already connected with several other bow hunters on campus, including a professor. Labor Day gives us a 3 day weekend, which I plan to use to find a place that will allow me to do that, as well as go scout out the public access locations that I mapped out yesterday...Google Earth is my friend. The next objective will be purchasing a hunting license. While I am not an official resident of Missouri, since I am a student living on campus in Missouri, I am able to purchase a resident license at my local conservation office, which saves me around $200 in non-resident fees. Hey, that's a lot of money for a college kid!

Back to The Harbinger, its still coming. Don't get your undies in a wad. I did finish it, and it was riveting to the end. What I'm probably going to have to do is bite the bullet and get a copy for myself so I can refer to the book while I write. Don't worry, it is coming! Teaser alert: want to know the secret of the 2008 stock market crash? Coming soon...

May your aim stay true.

No comments:

Post a Comment